Attorney and Product Liability Expert
John Foley is an award-winning attorney and shareholder at the national firm of Simmons Hanly Conroy. He has practiced law at the firm since 2005 after obtaining his law degree from St. Louis School of Law, and previously worked at Simmons Hanly Conroy as a law clerk in 2004.
A key leader in the firm’s Pharmaceutical Litigation Department, he’s helped secure hundreds of millions in settlements and jury verdicts for clients in medical device, dangerous drug and other harmful product cases. Mr. Foley believes in working tirelessly for his clients and helping them seek justice and compensation.
“It is irresponsible for companies to market products they know are dangerous just because it makes them billions of dollars. I believe that if it wasn’t for trial attorneys, there wouldn’t be anyone playing the role of watchdog over these big pharmaceutical companies. I hope my work will someday help end this vicious corporate cycle of profits over people,” Foley said.
Mr. Foley has also helped clients diagnosed with mesothelioma hold asbestos manufacturers and other negligent companies accountable. He has helped clients litigate cases involving hernia mesh, E-cigarettes, talcum powder, 3M Combat Arms earplugs, Yaz/Yasmin, transvaginal mesh, Actos, SSRI birth injuries, Topamax, Chantix, Vioxx, Bextra, metal-on-metal hip implants, knee implants, CPAP devices, Camp Lejeune water contamination, hair relaxers and mesothelioma and asbestos.
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- Illinois Super Lawyers: 2019-2023
- Illinois Rising Stars: 2013-2016
National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Illinois Top 100, 2014-2015
- Top Attorneys Rising Stars in IL, 2013
Mass Tort Leadership Roles
Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
- In Re: C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2187
- In Re: American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2325
- In Re: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2326
- In Re: Coloplast Corp., Pelvic Support Systems Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2387
Discovery Committee, co-lead
- In Re: Cook Medical, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2440