Bianca Prieto is an award-winning former newspaper journalist who has more than a decade of writing experience. Prior to joining ConsumerNotice.org, she covered breaking news and was a criminal justice investigative reporter for news organizations in New York City, Orlando and Denver.
She was honored by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors for her work on the Casey Anthony case coverage as part of the breaking news team for the Orlando Sentinel. She was also recognized by the American Society of News Editors as a finalist for the Deadline News Reporting, Distinguished Writing Award.
As a journalist in New York City, Bianca assisted dozens of newsrooms across the country with reporting. She wrote an investigative series called Guns in the Family that was published nationwide. She was on scene when Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev was apprehended in 2013.
In Orlando, Bianca wrote extensively about the high-profile Casey Anthony case and her reporting was featured in local and national broadcast, print, radio and digital media. She has been a guest on the Nancy Grace podcast and appeared on various true crime TV shows as a freelance writer.
Bianca received her Bachelor of Science degree in News-Editorial from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She is a member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
- Bachelor’s degree in News-Editorial from the University of Colorado
- Bianca is a writer and journalist with more than a decade of experience in broadcast, print, radio and digital media.
- She has been writing for ConsumerNotice.org since 2023.
- Bianca has been recognized for her work by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors and the American Society of News Editors.
- She is a member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.